Saturday, October 15, 2011

Photo by Dave Madeloni
Last night was the CD Release show for Henning Goes To The Movies.  The room at the Montague Bookmill was filled up with wonderful people who traveled into the wilds on a rainy night.

José Ayerve kicked off the evening with a lovely set of his songs.  The combination of his expressive voice and his crunchy electric guitar is so perfect.  I've been seeing him play for over 15 years.  He was amazing back then and he only keeps getting better.

I had an excellent time playing my set.  I went through every song on the album and I also debuted two new songs.  For one of the new songs, "What More Could You Want?", I played my big keyboard, I then stayed there for "Logan's Run", during which we turned off all the lights and handed out little colored ring flashlights to everyone to play with.

We kept the room dark for the next song ("Poltergeist") as well.  It was a sweet scene from my angle.  The room was dark, little colored lights flashed all around as we could hear the rain and the rushing river outside.

Throughout the evening I conducted a custom-made MadLib.  The audience was alert and enthusiastic about providing funny words.  Phew.  At the end of the night, I read the MadLib with my iphone playing Ken Maiuri's instrumental version of the Figments song "Up".

Thanks so much to everyone who came out to the show.  It was a memorable night for me thanks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment